Deposits and payments:
- A non-refundable deposit of 40% of order total is required to confirm your order.
- Deposits are non-refundable. Please refer to the section regarding cancellations for more details.
- The final payment of the balance is due, 30 days before your event/wedding. Payment can be made earlier if you wish, but we require the balance closed 30 days prior to delivery/collection.
- When paying the deposit for your cake The Duke of Cakes will assume you have read and accept the Terms & Conditions.
- Please note that your order will not be secured until your deposit has been received and a confirmation email has been sent out.
- Failure to complete payment by 30 days prior to your event/wedding may result in your cake order being cancelled.
- Payments are accepted in cash, card or bank transfer.
- Late or non-payments could result in loss of your booking date. In the event of a late or non-payment, the order will not proceed until alternative funding has been agreed and payment made in full. In these circumstances, subsequent completion of the order on the required date will not be guaranteed and becomes Subject to Availability.
- The Duke of Cakes will do its best to match any colour requests for icing but we cannot guarantee an exact match as colours present differently in different materials. We aim for a perfect match but this is not always possible.
- If the weather leading up to your event/wedding is extremly hot then I may contact you and advise we use dummy tiers for the cake. Ganache does not set in very hot conditions which leads to a less prefect cake. Your actual sponge cakes will still be iced and served on the day as usual.
- The Duke of Cakes charge £25 per hour and £0.45 per mile for delivery to wedding venues. The Duke of Cakes delivery charges include delivery to the agreed location for the specified time (as per the final order confirmation), liaison with the caterer or wedding manager at your venue and assembly of the cake in-situ.
- Deliveries will be during normal working hours and direct to the venue. Please note deliveries on a Sunday or after hours are quoted on an individual basis and are subject to availability.
- Please advise us of your expected arrival time at the venue on the day of the event/wedding together with contact name and number of the person co-ordinating that day.
- Where possible we will deliver and display the cake, however in some circumstances this may not be possible, for example when the ceremony takes place in the same room as the reception.
- Although we try our best to deliver cakes within the agreed time slot, The Duke of Cakes can not be held liable if weather, traffic or other conditions that are out of our control affect the time of delivery.
- When arranging collection for your cake, we will book a 30 minute time slot with you. Please ensure you collect your cake within this time slot. Failure to do so may result in your cake not being able to be collected at your chosen time. If your cake is not collected in the agreed time slot, we will contact you to rearrange collection of the order. If you're running late for your agreed time slot then please contact us on 07426314027 to make us aware of this.
Allergies & Special Dietary Requirements:
- All of our wedding and celebration cakes contain butter, gluten (wheat) and eggs and are made in an environment that handles nuts, soya and alcohol. Nut-free and alcohol-free cakes can be made on request but we cannot guarantee that these cakes will not contain trace amounts of these ingredients due to the nature of production.
- The Duke of Cakes offers the facility for gluten-free cakes but we cannot guarantee that trace amounts will not be present.
- The Duke of Cakes accepts no liability for customers suffering allergic reactions from eating our cakes.
- It is the customer’s responsibility to make The Duke of Cakes aware of any special dietary requirements that need to be accommodated in the making of their cake.
Change of event/Wedding Date:
- If, for any reason you wish to re-arrange the date of your wedding, we will try our best to accommodate these changes without any additional charges provided sufficient notice is given and that we are able to provide a cake for the re-arranged wedding date. However, if we are fully booked on your new wedding date and cannot provide the wedding cake, it will not be possible to refund your deposit.
- The Duke of Cakes accepts no liability for cakes that are damaged after they have been delivered to the agreed location.
- For cakes delivered to wedding venues, The Duke of Cakes requires a signed delivery note by the caterer to say that the cake has arrived and that it arrived in perfect condition, with a photograph as proof.
- Cakes collected from our home are to be checked by the customer on collection, who signs to say they have been collected in perfect condition. Damages after this point are not The Duke of Cakes responsibility.
- Please take care when displaying your cake at your event/ wedding reception to avoid direct sunlight, spotlights or candles creating damage to the cake decorations. Hand-painted cakes are especially vulnerable to heat and light damage. The Duke of Cakes accepts no liability for cakes that are damaged during display at your wedding.
- Orders cancelled after any payment has been made can not be refunded. This is due to our products being bespoke and made to order.
Deposits are non-refundable.
- All Cancellations must be made in writing. Verbal phone cancellations will not be binding.
- If you wish to return your cake, please contact us as soon as possible and state clearly what the issue is. No refunds can be given if a cake is returned unless we have agreed otherwise due to the circumstances.
- We hope that you will be fully satisfied with your cake and whilst complaints are rare we obviously take these very seriously. In the event of receiving a complaint we will need to assess the nature of this before agreeing any refund. To help us do this we may require photographic evidence prior to your using the cake and also the cake or part cake to be returned to us within three days of receiving your complaint for further investigation.
Any refund will be limited to the cost of the cake.